Gujarati Kadhi Recipe
Gujarati Kadhi is rich and creamy yogurt gravy with sweet and sour taste that I prefer to call it khatti meethi kadhi. It is traditionally served with mild spicy khichadi or boiled rice in gujarat. The authentic gujarati kadhi is prepared by simmering the yogurt and besan mixture together. Temper with curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and chillies.
- Mix the gram flour, yogurt to form a smooth mixture.
- Add 2 cups of water and beat well so there are no lumps.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, green chilli-ginger paste, and salt.
- Heat saucepan on medium high, add Ghee, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, wait till seeds crackle.
- Add Methi seeds, cloves, green chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida, fry it for 1 minute.
- Add the yogurt mixture and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Simmer for a 6-8 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the cilantro (coriander) on top and serve this hot gujarati kadhi with khichadi or rice.
You may also like: