Kadhi Pakora Recipe
Kadhi pakora is scrumptious yogurt dish is not only light but simple to cook. Is also known as Dapka Kadhi. Fried gram flour fritters (pakora) simmered in a sweet and tangy yogurt gravy. Enjoy with rice, chapati or paratha.
Method For Pakora:
- In a big bowl, mix gram flour, chopped cilantro, green chilies, carom seeds, asafoetida, baking soda and salt.
- Make batter using water, till you get a consistency where you can drop spoonfuls into oil, not like a liquid.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat, when oil gets hot enough for frying, reduce flame to medium.
- To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in the oil, batter should come up right away.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough, 5 to 6 at a time, into the frying pan.
- Fry until they are golden brown in color, keep aside.
Method For Kadhi:
- In big bowl, mix bengal gram flour and yogurt till the mixture is smooth.
- Then add water, green chili, ginger paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder salt, sugar and curry leaves, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat saucepan on medium high, add oil.
- Add cumin seeds and clove wait until seeds crackle.
- Gently pour yogurt mixture into it, and bring it boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for a 5 minutes stirring continously.
- Add fried pakora to it and simmer for 1 minute, turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice, chapati or paratha.
You may also like: