Masala Poori Recipe
Masala Poori is prepared with a dough of wheat flour and spices, rolled in a small circle and deep fried in oil. It can be served as snack with Chai or as a meal with curry, subzi or pickle.
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients, except oil for deep frying.
- Add water little by little and make a semi soft dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Break into 15 equal portions, shape into ball and flatten it.
- Roll it out into 3 to 4 inch circles with thin-medium thickness.
- Don’t make it too thin else it will come out crispy.
- You can roll 4 to 5 poories before you start frying, but do not roll all poori at once or they will start drying and will not puff.
- Alternatively heat oil for deep frying.
- To check if oil is hot enough drop a small piece of dough into the oil. The dough should fry up immediately and come to the surface.
- Place poori in the frying pan, with a skimmer, splash some hot oil over the top of poori and press it with a skimmer, cook for 40 seconds.
- Turn over the puri with skimmer, rub the top of the poori with skimmer, it helps puff up poori with steam.
- Cook till both sides are light brown of each poori, take the poori out and place it on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Poori can be served as snack with Chai or as a meal with curry or subzi.
You may also like: