Methi Paneer Pulao Recipe
Methi paneer pulao is versatile flavorsome rice preparation with appealing looks. Basmati rice cooked with chopped fenugreek leaves, paneer and whole indian spices is simply irresistible! Methi paneer pulao is a nice variation to pulao recipe. Enjoy with any Indian curry, raita or yougrt.
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes, drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and deep fry paneer cubes until golden brown in color.
- Drain on an absorbent paper or paper napkin and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add cumin seeds, wait until seeds crackle.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and asafoetida and give it a quick stir.
- Add chopped green chilies and diced tomatoes and stir fry until oil seprates.
- Add fenugreek leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add about 1 and 1/2 cups of water, and wait until it starts boiling.
- Add fried paneer pieces and turn heat to low.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat, or until water evaporates.
- Serve hot with curry, raita or yougrt.
You may also like: