Doodhi Muthia Recipe
Doodhi na muthia is a gujarati dish. Muthia is steamed dumplings, made using bottle gourd, wheat flour, gram flour and spices. Enjoy as appetizer or snack with green chutney or ketchup.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the muthia in a bowl and form a soft dough adding little water if required.
- With greased fingers, divide the mixture into 4 parts and roll out into cylindrical shapes 7 -8 inches long.
- Steam for 25 to 30 minutes till done. To check if the muthias are done, insert a toothpick should come out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and slice 1 inch pieces, keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds wait until they crackle, add the sesame seeds.
- Add the sliced muthia and stir until they are light brown in color.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
You may also like: