Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab Jamun is a perfect dessert for any occasion. Prepared from milk powder, flour, milk and lightly flavored with cardamom.
- In a bowl, mix together the milk powder, all purpose flour, baking powder, and cardamom.
- Mix in the melted butter, then add in milk, and continue to mix until well blended.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- In a large heavy bottom pan, stir together sugar, water and saffron. Bring it to boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough, and form into about 20 small balls.
- Reduce the heat of the oil to low, and fry the balls in one or two batches.
- After jamun float, increase the heat to medium, and turn them frequently until light golden. Remove from the oil to paper towels using a slotted spoon.
- Place fried balls into the pan with syrup. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room tempreture.
You may also like: