Chole Bhature is popular particularly in northern part of India. It is a spicy chickpeas gravy served with bhature, onions and pickel.
- Grind onions and tomatoes together into a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay leaves, cloves and peppercorns and fry for few seconds.
- Add the onion tomato paste, ginger garlic paste and fry till the oil begins to separate.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and dry mango powder, saute for 2 minutes.
- Drain water from the chickpeas can and rinse them well under running water.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add salt and 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish finely chopped cilantro and green chili.
- Serve with hot Bhature.
You may also like: