Sambhar is a spicy stew made with toor dal. It is very popular in the South Indian cuisine. Sambhar is eaten with boiled rice, Idlis, Vadas, Dosas, it accompanies almost every meal.
- In a pressure cooker, add dal, sambhar powder, tomato, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 4 whistles turn off heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Add split urad dal and mustard seeds wait until they crackle.
- Then add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked dal and mix well. Simmer for few 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish wtih cilantro and serve with rice.
You may also like: