Green Beans Subzi Recipe
Green beans also known as French beans and Runner beans, they hold a high nutritional value and are available universally.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Add mustard and carom seeds, wait until they crackle.
- Add curry leaves, asafoetida and stir.
- Add the green beans, 1 cup of water and salt.
- Cover and cook the green beans on medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring every few minutes to cook evenly and prevent burning.
- Add red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, sugar when the green beans are tender and mix well.
- Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and grated coconut. Serve hot with chapati or roti or paratha.
You may also like: