Vegetable Pizza Recipe
Homemade vegetable pizza is very easy to make, using a variety of chopped vegetables on a whole wheat crust with homemade tomato sauce. Delicious take-along for any party or get together.
Method for Pizza Base:
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast with warm water and sugar. Let stand until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, oil, salt, black pepper powder and the yeast mixture, mix well and knead into a stiff dough.
- Cover dough and let it sit for about 30 minutes, dough should be double in volume.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Knead the dough onto a well floured surface.
- Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape.
- Place over large greased pizza pan, prick with a fork all over the rolled dough, so pizza base do not puff.
- Bake for 10 minutes remove from oven and keep aside.
Method for Tomato Sauce:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, mix together tomato sauce, dried oregano, red chili powder, sugar and salt.
- Boil for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally, and keep aside.
Method for Making Pizza:
- Spread sauce evenly over pizza base leaving about 1/2-inch of edge clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese evenly.
- Next sprinkle broccoli, cauliflower, olives and bell pepper evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
You may also like: