Sun Dried Tomato Focaccia Recipe
Sun dried tomato focaccia bread is really easy and tastes great. Baked with sundried tomatoes and herbs has tons of flavor. Enjoy focaccia bread with marinara or alfredo sauce.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, yeast and milk. Let it stand until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, sundried tomato, chopped basil, 3 tablespoons oil to the yeast mixture and knead the dough until smooth and soft, knead for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, for about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in greased pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Poke dimples in the bread and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking pan, and let it cool on rack.
- Serve focaccia bread with marinara or alfredo sauce, or olive oil.
You may also like: