Rava Dhokla Recipe
Rava dhokla is a lovely variation to popular gujarati snack Dhokla. This dholkla is made using rava (sooji), corn, methi leaves, green chilies and tempered with mustard and sesame seeds. Enjoy this scrumptious dhokla with green chutney.
- In a big bowl, mix together semolina, yogurt, green chili, ginger, fenugreek leaves, corn and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter, it should be of thick consistency.
- Add salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In meantime, heat steamer or pressure cooker with 1 1/2 inches of water. Bring it to boil.
- Grease a plate make sure it should fit in the steamer or cooker.
- Once water comes to boil, add Eno and 1 tablespoon of oil to batter and mix well. The batter will foam up.
- Pour batter into plates fill only half way up, steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
- Turn off the heat and remove dhokla plate and let is cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoon oil.
- Add mustard seeds wait until seeds crakle.
- Add sesame seeds and green chilies stir for minute.
- Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Cut dhokla into square pieces and serve with green chutney.
You may also like: