Thepla is a popular Gujarati spicy flat breads made with wheat flour and fresh fenugreek leaves. It is a versatile dish which can be served for breakfast, lunch, snack or even dinner. It tastes great with sweet mango pickle or yogurt. It can be stored for several days and is a great travel food.
- In a big bowl mix chopped fenugreek leaves, oil, yogurt and salt, keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add green chili, ginger, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt, mix well.
- Add wheat flour and water, make a semi soft dough.
- Knead the dough very well, cover it and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Make ball and flattened it. Take each ball dust it in dry flour from both sides.
- Place a skillet on medium heat so it will be a little hot by the time you are ready to cook the first thepla.
- Roll into a 6 inch thepla, then place it on skillet.
- When it starts bubbling on one side, apply little oil,turn it over.
- Apply little oil on the other side, cook until golden brown.
- Serve for meal or with tea at snack time.
You may also like: