Instant Handvo Recipe
Handvo is traditionally prepared from rice and dals with or without vegetable. This instant handvo is a quick version of favorite Gujarati snack. Instant dhokla flour is mixed with vegetables and spices and cooked on skillet. Serve with chutney or ketchup. This is also known as Dangela.
- In a big bowl, prepare dhokla batter using oil, yogurt and water as per instructions on the box.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves, corn kernels, carrot, green beans, green chilies, cilantro and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, asafoetida, baking soda, sugar and salt, mix again and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small pan on medium heat, add 2 tablespoon oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, wait until seeds crack, add this to batter and mix well, make four equal parts and keep aside.
- Heat non stick shallow frying pan or skillet over medium heat, add 2 teaspoon oil.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, wait until seeds crack.
- Pour 1 part of batter in center of pan and spread it is circular motion from inside out.
- However, do not make too thin like dosa thickness should be like Uttapum.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes, over a medium heat.
- Open the lid and gently turn over handvo.
- Cook on flip sides for 2 to 3 minutes with lid.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
You may also like: