Mirchi Pakora Recipe
Mild Bhavnagari chilies are stuffed with spices, dipped in gram flour batter and fried to golden perfection. These delectable Mirchi Pakora can be served as elegant starters or as side dish with meal. Also enjoy mirchi pakoda with hot cup of tea on a rainy day.
- Wash, wipe and slit the chilies along the length.
- Remove seeds from the chilies.
- In a small bowl, add amchoor, coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, sugar, chopped cilantro, salt and 1 teaspoon of water, mix well.
- Fill it inside the chilies, keep aside.
- For the batter, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add in water, to make a smooth batter. (Make sure there are no lumps.)
- Add green chili paste and ginger paste, mix well.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat, when oil gets hot enough for frying, reduce flame to medium.
- To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in the oil, batter should come up right away.
- Dip stuffed green chili in batter, make sure to cover entire chili in batter.
- Place gently in oil, fry pakoras in small batches.
- Fry till its gets golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper napkin. Serve hot.
You may also like: