Dosa batter is mixed with green chilies, ginger and cilantro leaves to make crispy dosa balls. They are commonly known as Guliyappa, Guliappa, Appe, Paddu, Paniyaram, Gulittu, Gundponglu, etc. in Southern parts of India. Guliyappa tastes best when served crispy and hot with coconut chutney. Guliyappa or Paddu can be prepared in many diffrent flavors.
- In big bowl mix together dosa batter, chopped cilantro, green chilies, ginger and salt.
- Heat guliyappa pan over medium heat, generously grease with ghee or oil.
- Add ENO (fruit salt) mix well.
- Now slowly pour 1 tablespoon batter in each mould.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and gently turn over guliyappa one by one using a fork.
- Cook on flip sides for 2 to 3 minutes without lid.
- Remove guliyappa one by one using a fork.
- Serve crispy and hot guliyappa with coconut chutney.
You may also like: