Kaju Katli Recipe
Kaju katli is made using cashewnuts and sugar, mildly flavored with cardamom and topped with silver or golden foil. This diamond shaped sweet is one of the most favorite Indian desserts. Kaju Katli is a delicious treat relished on festivals or occasions. This Indian sweet can be preserved for long time.
- Lightly grease a plate or a tray, keep aside.
- Grind cashewnut to make powder. Never grind the cashewnut taken from the fridge, grind it when it is at room temperature.
- In a saucepan boil sugar and water together on a medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes or until syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- To check single thread consistency take a drop of sugar syrup between your thumb and index finger a single strand will form.
- Turn off the heat, add cashewnut powder, cardamom powder and 1/2 tablespoon milk to sugar syrup and mix well.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Spread the mix quick to greased plate or tray.
- Smooth the top with greased spatula make sure cashewnut powder and sugar syrup mixture is 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread before cashewnut powder and sugar syrup mixture cools off.
- Cut into diagonal shape. Decorate with foil. Enjoy Kaju Katli!
You may also like: