Toor Dal Khichadi Recipe
Toor Dal Khichadi is a quick fix for dinner any night of the week. Khichadi also acts as comfort food in winter season. Enjoy it with ghee, Gujarati Kadhi, pickle, or papad.
- Mix rice and toor dal in a big bowl.
- Rinse it in warm water for 2-3 times and soak it in water for atleast 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain the water out of the rice-dal mix, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Once the ghee is hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and wait for them to crackle.
- Add cloves, grated ginger and asafoetida, give it a quick stir.
- Add rice-dal mix, stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, tumeric powder, salt to taste.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook this until 3 whistles.
- Wait for pressure cooker to cool a little before opening.
- Toor dal khichadi is ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with ghee, Gujarati Kadhi, pickle, or papad.
You may also like: