Palak Paneer Recipe
Palak Paneer is a combination of spinach and Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is eaten allover India with slight variations in the spices. This is mildly flavored and very healthy Indian Vegetarian curry. Seved with rice or any Indian bread.
- Blend together ginger, garlic and green chilli with 2 tablespoons of water in a blender, until smooth paste.
- Blend together thawed spinach with 1/2 cup of water in a blender, until smooth paste, keep aside.
- In a big bowl mix together 2 to 3 cups of water and salt, keep aside.
- Heat oil in large non stick pan on medium heat, add paneer pieces and fry them until golden brown.
- Remove paneer with slotted spoon and add to salted water for 10 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- In same oil add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and fry it stirring constantly.
- Add spinach puree, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- When gravy comes to a boil, add fried paneer mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Finally add cream and garam masala powder mix well and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice or any Indian bread.
You may also like: