Mexican Rice Recipe
Mexican rice is a wonderful side dish for any meal. The rice is sauted with green bell pepper, corn and other spices, then slowly simmered in vegetable stock. Serve with Enchiladas, burittos, fajitas, etc.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat, add oil.
- Saute green bell pepper, corn and rice oil until bell pepper is soft.
- Add salt, red chili powder and vegetable stock to the pan, bring it to boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to low, simmer for 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add basil leaves and chili sauce, mix gently.
- Cover pan and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve with Enchiladas, burittos, fajitas, etc.
You may also like: