Masala Khichadi Recipe
Masala Khichadi is a very popular dish in eastern, northern and western India. Rice and lentils are cooked with vegetable and spices. Masala khichadi is a complete one-pot meal. Traditionally it is served with kadhi.
- Soak rice and dal separately in hot water for 15 minutes, keep aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker, add cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add cumin seeds, wait until seeds crack.
- Add chili, grated ginger, potatoes, carrots, green beans and peas.
- Mix well and cook for a minute, stirring occasinally.
- Add tomatoes, allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasinally.
- Add drained dal and cook for a minute, stirring occasinally.
- Add the drained rice, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and pressure cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve with kadhi.
You may also like: