Basundi is scrumptious, rich creamy milk based dessert. Milk is boiled with sugar till it reduces to half and flavored with saffron, cardamom, almond and pistachios. Serve hot basundi with puri or cold basundi as dessert.
- Heat heavy bottom pan on medium low heat, add half and half milk and sugar.
- Boil the milk until it reduces to half, stirring intermittently, for about 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add cardamom powder and saffron and mix it well.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pista.
- Serve hot basundi with puri or cold basundi as dessert.
You may also like: