Doodhi Halwa Recipe
Doodhi Halwa is scrumptious Indian dessert. Grated bottle gourd simmered with milk, sugar, ghee and cardamom. It can be served as a snack or after meal sweet!
- Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add ghee.
- Add grated doodhi and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add the milk and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When halwa is almost dry, add sugar and khoya (optional), mix well.
- Stir continuously until moisture has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pista, Serve.
You may also like: