Enchiladas is a mexican dish. Corn, bell pepper and cheese are wrapped in flour tortilla covered with tomato sauce and cheese, is a vegetarian casserole perfect for busy nights quick meal. Enjoy with Sour Cream, Mexican Rice and Refried Beans.
Method For Enchiladas Sauce:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, mix together tomato sauce, chopped basil, red chili powder, clove powder, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt.
- Boil for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally, and keep aside.
Method For Enchiladas Filling:
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add diced green bell pepper, stir for few seconds.
- Next add diced tomatoes and corn, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add red chili flakes and salt, mix well, turn off the heat and keep aside.
Method For Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking tray with oil or cooking spray.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons filling and 1 tablespoon grated cheese in the centre of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Cover with sauce, sprinkle with cheese and top with diced green bell pepper.
- Bake until bubbling hot, about 18 to 20 minutes.
You may also like: