Bhindi Masala Recipe
Bhindi Masala is Okra sauteed with Tomatoes and spices. It is delicious Indian curry which is generally served with chappati or roti.
- Cut bhindi (Okra) in diagonal pieces.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and shallow fry bhindi (okra).
- Keep fried bhindi (okra) aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds wait until seeds crack.
- Add pinch of asafoetida, then add green chili and ginger paste, fry for one minute.
- Add tomato pieces, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well, cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft. Stir if needed to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Add fried bhindi (okra) and mix gently. Keep on heat for two minutes and then remove the pan.
- Serve hot with chappati or roti.
You may also like: