Jhatpat Dal Fry Recipe
Jhatpat dal fry is a simple yet nutritious dish can be enjoyed with rice or roti.
- Rinse the dals 2-3 times and pressure cook the dal with 2 cups of water
- Heat a deep pan on medium high, add oil.
- When oil is hot, add cumin seeds and wait till they crackle.
- Add curry leaves, chopped green chilies, ginger, garlic and asefotida. Stir for a minute.
- Add onions and cook until they are transclucent. It will take 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garam masala and salt and mix.
- Add the pressure cooked dal and let it cooked covered with masala for 5 minutes stirring in between.
- Garnish with cilantro, delicious dal fry is ready to eat accompained with roti or rice.
You may also like: