Samo khichadi Recipe
Samo khichadi is fasting special dish. Samo (Moraiyo) is cooked with potato and peanut seasoned with green chilies and cumin seeds. Samo is also known as moraiyo or varyache tandul. Enjoy with Farali kadhi.
- Wash and soak samo in 1 1/2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water, keep aside.
- Heat a deep pan over medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add peppercorns and cumin seeds wait until seeds crackle.
- Add chopped green chilies, diced potatoes and raw peanut, mix and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Add samo and stir for a few seconds.
- Next add water and salt, mix well. Cover and lower the heat.
- Keep checking and stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- When all the water evaporates, its done.
- Add yogurt and chopped cilantro leaves mix well, turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Farali kadhi.
You may also like: