Vegetable Poha Recipe
Poha or powa is very popular Indian breakfast or evening snack. Vegetable poha is easy and quick to make. Flattened Rice is mixed with vegetables, onion and seasoned with green chilies and cumin seeds. Serve vegetable poha with hot cup of tea and sev bhujia.
- Gently rinse Poha with water about 2 times in colander, let it sit in colander for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and lemon juice to poha and gently mix.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds wait until seeds crack.
- Add curry leaves and onion, cook until onion are light brown.
- Add potatoes, corn, green peas, green chilies and 1/4 teaspoon salt, mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame until vegetables are tender.
- Add poha, turmeric powder and sugar, mix well.
- Garnish vegetable poha with choped cilantro, serve hot with sev bhujia.
You may also like: