Makai Khichadi Recipe
Makai khichadi or Makai chevdo is a popular Gujarati snack. Tender sweet corn kernals are simmered with milk and spices. Enjoy this sweet and spicy Indian version of corn chowder as snack or breakfast.
- Heat non stick pan on medium heat, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds and sesame seeds, wait until seeds crackle.
- Add asafoetida, chopped green chilies and turmeric powder give it a quick stir.
- Add corn kernals and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add milk and salt, mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender, while stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and cook uncovered for another 1 minute.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot.
You may also like: