Fada Khichadi Recipe
Fada Khichadi is very nutritious. It is made with broken wheat and yellow moong dal, cooked with vegetables and spices.
- Wash and soak moong dal for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil and cloves.
- Add asafoetida, potato, tomato, peas and carrots, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add cracked wheat stir fry for a minute, add dal, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well.
- Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the pressure cooker to cool for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves, serve hot with yogurt.
You may also like: