Khandvi is a popular gujarati snack. It is very simple to prepare, made using gram flour and yogurt with tempering of mustard seeds and spicy green chilies.
- Lay out Aluminum Foil in long sheets on the counter top and grease lightly.
- Mix together gram flour, yogurt, water, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt make a smooth batter.
- Heat one teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan on a low heat.
- Pour gram flour batter to pan, stir constantly so that lumps do not form.
- Keep stirring till the batter becomes thick, about 10-12 minutes.
- Spoon batter from one edge of the foil and with a flat spatula, spread thinly.
- Once the foil is completely covered, start on the next piece of foil. Repeat until all batter is spread.
- Sprinkle red chili powder evenly on spread batter.
- Gently lift the edge and roll up carefully like a Swiss roll.
- Cut 1 inch pieces out of each big roll to get bite-sized khandvis.
- Place these on a serving dish.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and green chilies and stir for few seconds.
- Pour over khandvis and garnished with chopped cilantro leaves.
You may also like: