Jalebi is coil shaped, deep fried and soaked in saffron flavored sugar syrup indian dessert loved by kids and adults. It can be served with fafda as snack or with rabri as dessert.
- Mix all purpose flour, gram flour and powdered saffron together.
- Add yogurt and water, mix well, make sure that there are no lumps and batter is smooth.
- Set batter aside and let it sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
- Make sure batter is fermented, but do not over ferment.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving and boiling sugar in the water.
- Add lemon juice, turn off the heat and then add saffron.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a flat frying pan on medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, spoon the above prepared batter in bottle.
- Jalebi bottle are easily available in store, if you cannot find them use an empty well-washed and thoroughly clean, tomato ketchup or mustard bottle.
- To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in the oil or ghee, batter should come up right away.
- Squeeze the batter out in hot oil or ghee in a coil shape.
- Fry jalebis until lightly brown on both sides.
- Immerse jalebis into warm sugar syrup.
- Let jalebi soak syrup for a minute seconds and take out.
- Serve jalebi with fafda as snack or with rabri as dessert.
You may also like: