Sweet Potato Sheera Recipe
Sweet potato sheera is a tempting variation to the traditional Indian sweet dish called sheera. It is prepared with boiled sweet potatoes, ghee, sugar, cream and flavored with cardamom.
- Steam sweet potato for 15 minutes or until soft, remove from steamer and let it cool completely.
- Once they are completely cooled remove the skin and cut into small pieces and mash it.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, add ghee.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and sugar mix well, stirring continuously.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until sheera leaves the sides of the pan.
- Tun off the heat and add cardamom powder.
- Garnish with sliced pistachio, Enjoy!
You may also like: