Biranj is very scrumptious traditional gujarati sweet dish. Vermicelli cooked in milk and sugar, flavoured with cardamom and garnished with almond and pistachios.
- Heat heavy botttom pan over medium heat, ghee or unsalted butter.
- Add vermicelli and fry until light brown.
- Add the milk and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When vermicelli is almost dry, add sugar and mix well.
- Stir continuously until moisture has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pista, Serve.
You may also like: