Tindora Masala Recipe
Tindora masala is very delicious and very simple Indian vegetarian curry. Tindora are also known as ivy gourd, kovakai, tondli, giloda, tindori or tendli looks like baby watermelon. It is generally served with chappati or roti.
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat and fry tindora until soft (fry in small batches), keep aside.
- In same oil fry potatoes until golden(fry in small batches), keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Add pinch of asafoetida and sesame seeds, fry for few seconds.
- Add fried tindora, fried potatoes, chopped cilantro, corainder-cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder, sugar (Optional) and salt, mix gently.
- Stir fry for two minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with chappati or roti.
You may also like: