Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji is a spicy blend of vegetables served with pav. Pav Bhaji is popular in most fast food chains across India. It is easy to cook and can be had as a filling snack or a meal.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium pan and add the cumin powder and grated ginger-garlic. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the onions and green capsicum and cook it covered stirring every couple minutes so they do not burn.
- After the onions turn translucent, add the tomatoes or tomato puree, pavbhaji masala, red chili powder and cook on medium heat for seven to eight minutes, stirring intermittedly till oil separates from it.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, carrots and half cup of water and mix properly.
- Simmer for ten minutes, till all the vegetables are completely mixed.
- Add salt and peas. Cook for couple more minutes, stirring continuously.
- Garnish the bhaji with cilantro, butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
- Heat butter in a pan. Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter, lightly pressing the pav till it is crisp and light brown.
You may also like: