Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan bharta is also known as ringna no olo. Eggplant is cooked over flame till skin is charred and peeled off cooked with tomato and spices makes up most delicious dish. This is a very popular dish in Northern and Western parts of India usually served with chapati or bajri na rotla.
- Grease the eggplant with a little oil, wrap it in aluminium foil and cook over an open flame till it is soft.
- Cool, unwrap aluminium foil and peel the skin. Mash pulp and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add cumin seeds wait until seeds crackle add chopped green chili and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped tomato, chopped cilantro, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder and cook until oil separates.
- Add mashed eggplant, garam masala, sugar(optional) and salt and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
You may also like: