Kopra Pak Recipe
Kopra Pak is a very traditional Indian sweet made from coconut and sugar. Is often made during festivals. Grated coconut and khoya cooked with sugar and flavored with cardamom and saffron makes a quick and delectable coconut fudge.
- In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of warm milk and soak saffron strands in milk.
- After 5 minutes rub until saffron dissolves milk.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add ghee.
- Add grated coconut and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and khoya, mix well.
- Stir continuously until moisture has evaporated.
- Add dissolved saffron and mix well, cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Spread coconut mixture on 9 x 9 inch foil or 9 x 9 inch baking tray and allow it to cool.
- Decorate with edible gold or silver foil and cut into squares. Enjoy Kopra Pak!
You may also like: