Dahi Vada Recipe
Dahi vada is a popular starter, can be eaten as snack or as a part of a meal. There are lots of variations to this recipe, in different parts of India.
- Rinse the urad dal 2-3 times in warm water and soak it overnight.
- Drain and coarsley grind the urad dal using very little water.
- Add salt, green chili-ginger paste and 2 teapoon coriander leaves to this mixture.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium.
- Take the batter with a big spoon or you could use your fingers and gently slide the batter into the hot oil.
- Be careful not to splatter hot oil.
- Fry till vadas are golden brown on both sides. Set aside till you are done making all the vadas.
- When ready to eat, Soak the vadas in cold water for 3-5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from the vadas, by gently pressing them between your palms and arrange on a serving dish.
- Pour chilled yogurt over them followed by date chutney, red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala (optional) and chopped coriander leaves.
You may also like: