Nankhatais are eggless Indian shortbread style cookies. This traditional cookies are made with semolina, all-purpose flour, clarified butter and sugar, mildly flavored with cardamom and nutmeg. Enjoy crisp and buttery Nankhatais with a cup of hot tea.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a big bowl, add All-purpose flour, almond powder, gram flour, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and sugar, mix well.
- Combine flour and sugar mixture with melted ghee or shortening to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 24 equal portions and roll each portion into smooth balls.
- Press each ball between your palms lightly.
- Place ball 1 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 20 to 22 minutes or until Nankhatai are lightly gold brown.
- Remove from oven let Nankhatais cool for 5 minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
- Store in air tight container for upto a 10 days.
You may also like: