Fruit Pulao Recipe
Fruit Pulao is quick to make and delicious to eat! Basmati rice (long grain rice) is sauted with fruits, dry-fruits and enriched with saffron. Enjoy Fruit Pulao with raita, yogurt or curry.
- In a small bowl, add warm milk and saffron, mix well until the saffron dissolves. Keep aside.
- Heat deep nonstick pan over medium heat, add ghee.
- Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and green chilies, stir fry for a minute.
- Add almonds, raisins and cashewnuts, mix well and saute until the nuts turn golden brown in color.
- Add apricot, apple, pineapple and cherries, mix well and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, sugar and salt, mix gently.
- Cook over a slow flame for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from flame, add saffron-milk mixture, mix gently.
- Enjoy Fruit Pulao with raita, yogurt or curry.
You may also like: