Farali Dhokla Recipe
Farali dhokla is a delicious variation to popular gujarati snack Dhokla. This dholkla is made using Samo flour, sabudana and green chilies and tempered with cumin and sesame seeds. Enjoy this scrumptious Farali Dhokla with Cilantro Chutney during Upvaas (Fasting days). Samo is also known as sanwa millet, moraiyo, varyache tandul, sama.
- In a big bowl, mix together samo powder, sabudana, yogurt and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter, it should be of thick consistency, keep aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add green chili, ginger and salt, mix well.
- Heat steamer or pressure cooker with about 1 1/2 inches of water. Bring it to boil.
- Grease a plate make sure it should fit in the steamer or cooker.
- Once water comes to boil, add Eno and 1 tablespoon of oil to batter and mix well. The batter will foam up.
- Pour batter into plates fill only half way up, steam for about 15 minutes or till done.
- Turn off the heat and remove dhokla plate and let is cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add cumin seeds wait until seeds crakle.
- Add sesame seeds and green chilies stir for minute.
- Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Cut dhokla into square pieces and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy Farali Dhokla with Cilantro Chutney.
You may also like: